Thursday, March 26, 2020

WFH: where and how

At first, I was just puzzled by an acronym I kept seeing in social media: WFH. I kept thinking it might be an odd assortment of profanity.

But no. It stands for Work From Home.

It's what we do during a Plague Year. Working during a time of Social Distancing means working from home. At least for me.

I do like my job, and it's an exhilarating challenge to try to figure out how to plan for online learning for my students.

First, though, I had to figure out how and where--in my home--I was going to work.

I eventually ended up here, in the basement.

It's not as nice as sitting on the couch upstairs or at my little counter/desk in the kitchen. But I discovered that my laptop's wifi connection wasn't quite good enough for things like Zoom or Google Hangouts. I kept dropping the service! So with some advising from my IT guy (Robbie), I decided I needed an ethernet adapter for my computer.

Lo and behold, we had one in the Box Full of Cords!

I'm sure you probably have one of these at your house.

Anyway, once plugged into the ethernet (the outlet is down here), I'm good.

My WFH attire includes comfy sweats and slippers.

And like many WFHers, I have a co-worker.
Yawning, not yelling, though she does that, o
More later on what it means to be a college professor, working from home . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment